We are excited about our new school, the STEM Early College High School, which opened August of 2014! This is a great opportunity for all students in the community and I am very happy to be part of this historical endeavor.
As a past middle and high school science teacher; a curriculum science specialist and a private science consultant; a director of the Toltech T-STEM Academy in the Edgewood Independent School District; and currently a University Professor at Texas A&M San Antonio, I am very excited that our school district is embarking on providing this tremendous opportunity to students in the area of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) that I personally enjoy so much.
A little about myself:
- 1984 Graduate of Holy Cross High School;
- Bachelor's Degree in biology (minor in chemistry) from St. Mary's University;
- Masters Degree in Education (Curriculum and Instruction, with emphasis in Integrated Science Instruction K-12) from Our Lady of the Lake University;
- Ph.D. in Educational Administration from Texas A&M University--College Station;
- Worked 25 years in Edgewood ISD as a middle school science teacher, high school science teacher, Science Curriculum Specialist, and Administrator of the Toltech T-STEM Academy of Memorial High School;
- Private Educational Consultant teaching teachers instructional strategies throughout Texas, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and Mexico City; and
- Currently working at Texas A&M University--San Antonio, as an Adjunct Professor teaching a Secondary Science Methods Course.
Currently, the need for a workforce in San Antonio that is adequately prepared in the areas of STEM is in high demand. Our STEM Early College High School will help prepare students towards earning an Associate's Degree at Palo Alto College (our wonderful partners in this endeavor) and will transform the face of not only the south side of San Antonio but the entire city itself.
I look forward to answering any questions you may have so please feel free to contact me or my staff at the numbers listed in this website.
Eddie Muzquiz Rodriguez, PhD