STEM Early College High School Students wanting to play music in a band, AND meet the requirement of having been in band while attending middle school, will have the opportunity to participate in either the Mc Collum High School Band or the Harlandale High School Band (depending on which school they would have attended had they not attended STEM Early College High School) with the understanding that some limitations may apply. Also, parents will be required to provide transportation to the high schools during the school year for practice, since transportation will not be provided specifically for band students by the district.
Because each Harlandale High School band has as part of their great success a summer program for band practice, it is important that students contact the band director as soon as possible to:
- Learn about the commitment required to participate in the band;
- Fees included for participating;
- Summer Band Practice Dates and Times;
- Read the Band Handbook for the school;
- Upcoming Concerts; and
- Many more important events and requirements.
The Band Directors are: